Ahmad is a Financial Advisor in the firm’s Vancouver office, where he specializes in developing customized wealth management strategies for non-profit organizations, professionals and high net worth families.
Ahmad has been involved in the banking and financial services industry since 2011 and joined Nicola Wealth in 2014. In addition to his role as Financial Advisor, Ahmad is also an Associate Portfolio Manager and is a member of the firm’s U.S. client committee.
Ahmad’s advisory experience includes:
- Corporate planning: Analyzing corporate structures in order to optimize after-tax compensation and wealth accumulation
- Retirement planning: Creating plans and strategies to meet retirement income goals and maximize after-tax retirement income
- Financial planning: Creating and implementing unique financial plans, and monitoring them over time to ensure success
- Tax planning: Helping clients stay informed of tax planning opportunities and creating strategies that maximize after-tax savings
- Estate planning: Assisting clients in planning for the efficient transfer of wealth
- Investment analysis: Creating customized investment portfolios tailored to meet each investor’s unique needs and circumstances
- Charitable giving: Helping clients maximize the impact of their charitable giving, while properly planning and utilizing tax benefits
Ahmad is a strong advocate for mental health and financial literacy. He currently sits on the boards of both the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) in the North shore and the Hope Center Café at Lions Gate Hospital. He is a long-time volunteer with Junior Achievement of British Columbia, where he teaches financial literacy courses to youth at local elementary and high schools.
Ahmad understands that the financial services industry is complex and always changing. In order to better assist his clients with their wealth management goals, he is on the final stages of his Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®) and United States Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) designations. He is also a Level 2 Candidate of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®) Program.
Outside of the office, Ahmad’s passions are baseball, traveling, and spending time with his family and wife, Natalie.
I can't live without my...
My wife, Natalie.
Shawshank Redemption or Usual Suspects
Words my father taught me:
You have only lived half your life if you had no one to share it with.
What is your favourite Canadian city other than Vancouver?
Toronto. I get to watch the Jays.
What languages do you speak?
Favourite music genre?