CFP, FMA, CIM
Sophia enjoys assisting clients to understand, plan and prepare their wealth management strategies, while ensuring clients are informed of the changes in the wealth management landscape that directly affect them.
During her time in the financial services industry, Sophia has seen the growing complexity of the industry, and the effects it’s had on family wealth.
Whether through the more complicated nature of tax, the growing number of investment vehicles, or the increasingly fractured ways important information is being disseminated, a number of high net worth families are getting lost in the complexities.
Sophia enjoys assisting clients to understand, plan and prepare their wealth management strategies, while ensuring clients are informed of the changes in the wealth management landscape that directly affect them. She likes to ensure that at the foundation of every wealth management plan there is a thoughtful process in place ensuring efficient transfer of wealth to the next generation so that wealth is protected.
Sophia’s advisory experience includes:
- Retirement planning: Creating plans and strategies to meet retirement income goals and maximize after-tax retirement income
- Financial planning: Creating and monitoring a financial plan to help stay on track to meeting financial and life goals
- Corporate planning: Helping to effectively accumulate wealth by monitoring taxes to maximize retirement assets
- Tax planning: Keeping clients updated on the latest tax changes, how they might be impacted, and suggesting modifications to existing plans/strategies, if needed.
- Estate and trusts: Efficiently transferring wealth to the next generation
- Insurance: Providing financial security, tax reduction, enhanced retirement income and legacy protection
- Charitable giving: Helping clients maximize their charitable legacy
Currently Sophia holds designations as a; Certified Financial Planner (CFP®), Chartered Investment Manager (CIM®) and Financial Management Advisor (FMA). Additionally, she is licensed with the British Columbia Insurance Council.
She is described by her friends and family as an adventure junkie, foodie, whiskey and rock-climbing enthusiast. Married with two daughters, Sophia makes travel a central focus for her family.
Question & Answers
To be able to CHOOSE when I want to retire!
I can’t live with out my…
Family. My 2 girls are my angels and my husband is my best friend.
What languages do you speak?
English and Korean
For work, anything with a heel; Out of the office, comfy Diesels or Pumas
Would you bungee jump?
No, but I wouldn’t have a problem rappelling off a mountain