Katya is a Financial Advisor at the firm’s Vancouver office, where she offers a holistic approach to wealth management.
Prior to joining Nicola Wealth in 2014, Katya worked as part of a successful Investment Advisory team at a major national brokerage firm.
She genuinely enjoys getting to know what is important to her clients and prides herself on making clients feel well taken care of. Katya offers comprehensive financial planning services, such as retirement planning, wealth accumulation solutions, estate and tax planning.
Specifically, Katya’s practice focuses on:
- Retirement planning: Creating plans and strategies to meet retirement income goals and maximize after-tax retirement income
- Financial planning: Creating and monitoring a financial plan to help stay on track to meeting financial and life goals
- Corporate planning: Helping to effectively accumulate wealth by monitoring taxes to maximize retirement assets
- Tax planning: Keeping clients updated on the latest tax changes, how they might be impacted, and suggesting modifications to existing plans/strategies, if needed.
- Estate and trusts: Efficiently transferring wealth to the next generation
- Charitable giving: Helping clients maximize their charitable legacy
In addition to her role as a Financial Advisor, Katya is also involved in various technology projects at Nicola Wealth.
With a Business Administration Degree majoring in Finance from Simon Fraser University, she also holds the Chartered Investment Manager (CIM) and Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designations.
In her spare time, Katya enjoys spending time with her family and friends hiking, biking, doing yoga, and enjoying the local beaches. In the winter, she tries to ski as much as possible. And swimming in the ocean is a year-round hobby.