CPA, CA, CMA, CFP
Karisa Schaitel is a Financial Planner at Nicola Wealth. She brings with her over 15 years of banking, investment, and wealth management experience both within Canada and internationally.
Karisa is an approachable person interested in learning about her clients, and the unique financial issues they face as high net worth families, incorporated professionals or business owners. With a clear understanding of client needs and objectives, she uses her in-depth technical knowledge in collaboration with other key advisors to develop a strategy to move them forward.
Planning may include any or all of the components below:
- Retirement planning: Creating plans and strategies to meet retirement income goals and maximize after-tax retirement income
- Financial planning: Creating and monitoring a financial plan to help stay on track to meeting financial and life goals
- Corporate planning: Helping to effectively accumulate wealth by monitoring taxes to maximize retirement assets
- Tax planning: Keeping clients updated on the latest tax changes, how they might be impacted, and suggesting modifications to existing plans/strategies, if needed.
- Estate and trusts: Efficiently transferring wealth to the next generation
- Insurance: Providing financial security, tax reduction, enhanced retirement income and legacy protection
- Charitable giving: Helping clients maximize their charitable legacy
Most recently, Karisa spent four years as a Financial & Tax Planner at a Vancouver-based independent, full-service investment firm. Karisa is a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and Certified Financial Planner (CFP).
In her spare time Karisa enjoys spending time with her family and friends, running and travelling.
Question & Answers
Best concert ever attended?
What is your favourite Canadian City other than Vancouver?
Would you bungee jump?
What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Any flavor by Ernest Ice Cream