David Baker is a Financial Advisor in the firm’s Vancouver office. He specializes in retirement planning and planning for business owners.
With a background in science and game theory, David has a unique ability to break down complex concepts into simple terms. In combination with his ability to quickly and genuinely connect with people, he is able to help clients truly understand the strategies being employed.
Planning with David can include:
- Retirement planning: Creating plans and strategies to meet retirement income goals and maximize after-tax retirement income
- Financial planning: Creating and monitoring a financial plan to help stay on track to meeting financial and life goals
- Corporate planning: Helping to effectively accumulate wealth by monitoring taxes to maximize retirement assets
- Tax planning: Keeping clients updated on the latest tax changes, how they might be impacted, and suggesting modifications to existing plans/strategies, if needed.
- Estate and trusts: Efficiently transferring wealth to the next generation
- Insurance: Providing financial security, tax reduction, enhanced retirement income and legacy protection
- Charitable giving: Helping clients maximize their charitable legacy
Inquisitive by nature, the Great Recession of 2008-2009 drove him to try and understand how investments were managed and eventually led him down an educational path that would alter his career goals and lead him to working as an Advisor.
In his spare time, David enjoys spending time with his wife Hannah, skiing in the local mountains and playing Ultimate Frisbee. He also has a passion for playing and applying game theory to strategy games, including card and board games.
Question & Answers
To read as many books as possible!
What would be your last meal?
A burger, fries, and a Coke.
Favourite Sport to play?
Favourite restaurant in Vancouver?
Sawasdee, the best Thai food in Vancouver!
Favourite Sci Fi Movie?
Single move: Alien, favourite franchise: Star Wars