At Nicola Wealth, our clients deserve the best. The same goes for our people.
By bringing together smart, dedicated, high caliber colleagues from diverse backgrounds, we deliver extraordinary client service. The collaboration, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit we were founded on provide the opportunity for our people to make a real impact and grow professionally. We are passionate about our business and our culture and we are deeply proud of our commitment to share our firm’s success with our people and with our communities near and far who benefit from our charitable giving philosophy. We want to attract, retain and develop people who have this same drive.
As the Talent Development Manager, your mandate is to design and implement talent programs and solutions to ensure that Nicola Wealth has the necessary talent bench strength to support the firm’s future growth and change. As a new position in the firm, this is your opportunity to partner with all areas of the firm and with the Director of People and Culture to develop and implement an integrated strategy for identifying and developing talent which includes performance management, career development and both on the job and formal learning opportunities.
As our Talent Development Manager, you will:
- Design a talent needs assessment and engage with all areas of the business to identify current and future talent requirements.
- In partnership with the Director of P&C, create a talent development strategy to support the firm’s business objectives and reinforce culture. This strategy will integrate:
- Performance Management
- Leadership Development
- Career Development
- Talent Identification (including assessments)
- Talent Review
- In partnership with the Director P&C and business leaders, design appropriate solutions to deliver on the Talent Development strategy including a learning and development solution that blends formal learning and on the job learning and coaching solutions.
- Responsible for end to end program management which includes needs assessment, design, implementation, coordination of third party training and assessment providers, budget management, program metrics, evaluation and continuous improvement.
- Provide coaching to managers and employees to ensure that people are progressing with their development plans.
- Collaborate with P&C team members and department managers to ensure that the onboarding process at both a corporate and functional level, creates an optimal learning experience and supports rapid productivity.
- Engage P&C team members to support talent development initiatives.
- Identify and manage technology solutions to maximize the effectiveness and scalability of learning and development programs.
Your capabilities include:
- Curiosity and the drive to continuously learn. You demonstrate thought leadership on current and emerging trends in talent development and learning.
- Critical thinker and problem solver.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Business acumen and a consultative style that allows you to work across different groups with diverse priorities.
- A user centric approach to talent development. Your solutions are based on first understanding the needs of individuals and the needs of the business. You leverage your superior questioning and relationship building skills to build trust and collaborate across the business.
- Strong project management skills and can effectively deliver and monitor multiple projects.
- Superior communication and facilitation skills including the ability to influence and gain buy- in.
- Technology savvy.
Your experience and qualifications include:
- 10+ years relevant experience, with at least four years of specialized experience in learning and development.
- Post-secondary degree in a related discipline.
- Specialized training in on or more of the following areas is beneficial: adult education, instructional design, coaching, facilitation, talent assessment.
- Bonus points if you have experience implementing and managing a learning and development technology platform.
Application closing date is January 31, 2020.
Include your cover letter and resume in your application, with “Talent Development Manager” in the subject line of your email to [email protected]. Thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. For more information about this and other roles: www.nicolawealth.com