At Nicola Wealth, our clients deserve the best. The same goes for our people. We invest in our employees in order to support our business through a period of significant growth. As the Sponsorship Specialist you will help our clients get the best that Nicola Wealth has to offer, and you will receive the same in return.
By bringing together smart, dedicated, high caliber colleagues from diverse backgrounds, we deliver extraordinary client service in a truly dynamic work environment. The collaboration, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit we were founded on provide the opportunity for incoming employees to make a real impact. We are passionate about our business and our culture, and are looking to attract, retain and develop individuals who have that same drive.
We take pride in our work and are trusted advisors to our clients. We are looking for talented, highly motivated individuals with exceptional experience who can embody our culture and values as a creative, collaborative and hard-working organization.
The role of the Sponsorship Specialist is to support in the coordination and execution of Nicola Wealth’s sponsorship strategy on a national level.
This position is responsible for creating branded experiences to build engagement and awareness of Nicola Wealth at our sponsored events, as well as overseeing daily administrative processes and procedures ensuring they are in line with corporately defined policies and objectives.
The Sponsorship Specialist will work closely with the Events Manager, supporting each other as the firm’s corporate events team. Together, the team will design and execute events ranging in attendee size from 8 to 800, create custom trade-show booth build-out projects, and arrange branded activation displays. Projects vary in focus from client appreciation and business development, to community partnership and brand awareness.
The Sponsorship Specialist will report to the Marketing Manager.
As a Sponsorship Specialist, your key responsibilities will involve:
- Work closely with marketing team to ideate, plan, coordinate, execute, and report ROI on sponsorship activations (Canada wide)
- Work with the advisory services team to coordinate feedback and post sponsorship assessment.
- Coordinate and assess sponsorship requests from both internal and external sources.
- Arrange the on-site execution and delivery of impactful industry-leading event experiences including coordinating logistics between various parties such as vendors, venues, partners, attendees and internal stakeholders
- Track, and reconcile project budgets
- Provide administrative support pertaining to sponsorship and other event projects
- Identify and innovate new opportunities to raise brand awareness through activations
- Other duties as assigned
As a Sponsorship Specialist, your skills and qualifications will include:
- 3-5 years of experience with a background in event planning, experiential marketing, community management, or public relations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. – and other common applications (Adobe Suite, Photoshop, etc.)
- Experience with AutoCAD and other digital marketing tools is an asset
- Positive and engaging attitude, resourceful nature and excellent problem solving capabilities
- Unwavering entrepreneurial spirit, possess a strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter with superb time management skills, ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Proactive with new ideas and creative solutions
- Valid BC driver’s license and vehicle preferred
- Evening and weekend work required as needed
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- National travel required
Application closing date is January 24, 2020.
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Sponsorship Specialist” in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. For more information about this and other roles: www.nicolawealth.com