As a Senior Financial Advisor at Nicola Wealth Management, you will be the trusted advisor providing comprehensive wealth planning and investment management solutions to satisfy each of our clients’ unique set of circumstances. You will develop and manage new and existing client relationships providing advice on estate planning, tax and compensation planning, corporate structuring, retirement planning, risk management and insurance, and investment management.
Through a collaborative working environment our Financial Advisors share their collective knowledge and experience to support the ongoing growth and development of our client facing team and ensure we are a team with the skills and the knowledge base to understand the complexity of our clients’ lives in order to construct comprehensive and fully integrated financial plans.
With access to a widely diversified pool of investment options, supported by our Asset Management Team, Client Service Specialists, Portfolio Administrators and Reporting Teams, our Financial Advisors are focused on providing our clients with a holistic approach to financial planning and wealth management.
As a Senior Financial Advisor, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Leveraging your technical planning and client relationship skills to build a business within Nicola Wealth Management
- Delivering an impeccable level of client service by remaining aware of the changing needs and circumstances of your clients and maintaining their confidence as a trusted advisor
- Prepare ongoing analysis with respect to investment portfolio design, risk management (insurance planning), retirement income needs, estate planning, cash flow budgeting, education requirements, capital needs analysis and tax planning
- Ensure all client information and regulatory requirements are up to date and current
- Develop and strengthen client relationships and build new relationships via client referrals, centers of influence, networking and other business development opportunities
- Partnering with others in the firm to contribute to the ongoing development of the advisory team, as well as providing coaching and mentorship to newer financial advisors.
- Proactively enhancing your expertise through attending seminars, continued education and proactive personal development
As a Senior Financial Advisor your skills and qualifications will include:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in a financial planning firm with a high degree of client contact and exposure to both insurance and investment planning
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Chartered Investment Manager (CIM) or completion of CFA Level 1
- Licensed for Life, Sickness & Accident Insurance
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) is an asset
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in financial planning, asset management and insurance
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build trusted client relationships
- Extremely client-focused
- Highly observant with close attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit coupled with a desire to work in a team-oriented environment
- Creative approach to problem solving and developing innovative solutions for clients
- The ability to explain complex information and concepts simply and clearly
- Commitment to excellence and a high level of integrity
- Self-motivated; driven to exceed established goals and focus on excellence
- Proactive and demonstrates a high degree of perseverance
For more information on this position or to apply, please contact our executive search firm:
Consultant, Executive Search and Recruitment
Waterstone Human Capital