At Nicola Wealth, our clients deserve the best. The same goes for our people. We invest in our employees in order to support our business through a period of significant growth. As Property Insurance Administrator you will help our clients get the best that Nicola Wealth has to offer, and you will receive the same in return.
By bringing together smart, dedicated, high caliber colleagues from diverse backgrounds, we deliver exceptional client service in a truly dynamic work environment. The collaboration, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit we were founded on provide the opportunity for incoming employees to make a real impact. We are passionate about our business and our culture, and are looking to attract, retain and develop individuals who have that same drive.
We take pride in our work and are trusted advisors to our clients. We are looking for talented, highly motivated individuals with exceptional experience who can embody our culture and values as a creative, collaborative and hard-working organization.
Team and Position Summary
Our Real Estate team is growing significantly and is seeking a high-energy individual with entrepreneurial drive to join a dynamic group of dedicated real estate professionals.
We bring a focused, disciplined, transparent, and informed perspective to the real estate holdings we purchase through Nicola Canadian Real Estate LP, Nicola US Real Estate LP and Nicola Value Add Real Estate LP portfolios. At the same time we are proactive and nimble, anticipating which properties will best serve our investors and overall portfolio mix, acting quickly and decisively to make opportunistic acquisitions.
We also oversee all properties in our portfolios, ensuring investment stability and minimizing exposure to factors such as lease, tenant and debt maturities and exposure while maximizing returns for our investors.
Nicola Wealth, Real Estate, the real estate division of Nicola Wealth, based in Vancouver, BC, is a boutique real estate asset management company that currently manages over $4 billion of commercial real estate in Canada and the United States. On behalf of private investors, a team of experienced real estate investment professionals manages a diverse and growing portfolio of industrial, office, retail, multifamily apartment, seniors living and self-storage properties.
Reporting to the Director of Asset Management, Real Estate, the Property Insurance Administrator will be responsible for managing the insurance portfolio for the three real estate funds.
As the Property Insurance Administrator, your key accountabilities will involve:
- General property, liability, environmental and earth quake insurance
- General administration of the existing propertly insurance portfolio, including periodic meetings with brokers to determine trends in the markets and providing analytical and general support for the property insurance program
- Coordinating the preparation of information required for the renewal of the insurance policies for the portfolio
- On an annual basis, managing the timely delivery of insurance cost appraisals for the Canadian and US property portfolios
- Working with the Acquisitions Team to secure insurance quotes for potential new assets
- Periodic auditing of policies held by Joint Venture partners to ensure that the appropriate coverage is carried and the correct entities are named
- Auditing the Certificates provided by third party property managers to ensure accuracy in named entities
- Monitoring the issuing of the Certificates required by our third party service providers
- Working with various lenders to ensure that the appropriate Certificates are issued, as required.
- Undertaking property site inspections and reviews, as required
- Staying abreast of industry trends
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- 4-6 years of insurance experience in brokerage, underwriting, commercial real estate or related sectors
- Post secondary certification with an emphasis in the property insurance industry is required
- Well-developed quantitative and analytical skills
- Sound understanding of property insurance markets in North America
- Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada for any employer
- Essential to be fluent in English both written and spoken
- Collaborative and team focused. A proven self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as part of a dynamic team
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Well-developed organizational, time management and communication skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and proven ability to multi-task, think logically and problem solve effectively
- Self-motivated with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Professional demeanor
Applications are being accepted now for consideration. Closing date January 15, 2020.
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Property Insurance Administrator” in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. For more information about this and other roles: www.nicolawealth.com