At Nicola Wealth, our clients deserve the best. The same goes for our people. We invest in our employees in order to support our business through a period of significant growth. As a Portfolio & Performance Analyst you will help our clients get the best that Nicola Wealth has to offer, and you will receive the same in return.
By bringing together smart, dedicated, high caliber colleagues from diverse backgrounds, we deliver extraordinary client service in a truly dynamic work environment. The collaboration, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit we were founded on provides the opportunity for incoming employees to make a real impact. We are passionate about our business and our culture, and are looking to attract, retain and develop individuals who have that same drive.
We take pride in our work and are trusted advisors to our clients. We are looking for talented, highly motivated individuals with exceptional experience who can embody our culture and values as a creative, collaborative and hard-working organization.
We are looking for a Portfolio and Performance Analyst. This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-performing and growing team within the firm, responsible for the administration and operations of a diverse portfolio of proprietary mutual funds and Limited Partnerships.
Reporting to the Manager, Fund Accounting, you will work to support various teams within the firm by providing them with valuable fund-related analytics, in addition to performance reporting, trade support & reconciliation, and involvement in cross-departmental project work.
This role comes with a high level of autonomy, and will best suit an individual that is able to work independently with minimal supervision, whilst developing positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. This role also requires excellent analytical skills and the ability to adapt quickly to a continually evolving environment.
This role is located in Vancouver.
As a Portfolio & Performance Analyst, your key accountabilities will involve:
- Assisting with the design and development of fund performance/attribution reports, and ongoing data generation
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements related to performance reporting (e.g. GIPS, CRM2)
- Investigating and reconciling performance-related discrepancies
- Acting as the initial point of contact for advisors on fund analytics requests
- Performing daily trade reconciliations, and ensuring failed trades are resolved in a timely manner
- Proactively identify areas where processes can be improved or automated, and applying advanced VBA/Excel skill set to streamline work flow
- Working closely with both business and technology to ensure projects are completed successfully and efficiently
- Actively engaging in ongoing learning and development to continuously improve skills and knowledge
Your key attributes will include:
- Strong analytical and mathematical ability
- Willingness to learn new skills and acquire additional education as required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to operate in a complex matrix management environment
- Ability to build complex presentations that are clear, factual, and have a logical flow
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new systems and software
- Ability to anticipate problems and solve proactively
- Close attention to detail, observant
- High degree of professionalism and maturity
- Ability to take direction and accept responsibility
- Strong time management skills, particularly the ability to prioritize a multitude of tasks
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- A degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Commerce, or a related field
- 3 years experience in the financial services industry
- CFA/CIPM candidacy considered an asset
- VBA programming proficiency is required. An assessment will be given to analyze level of proficiency
- Advanced computer skills, with extensive experience in the use of MS Excel
- Familiarity with reporting and dashboarding technologies (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, SSRS, Crystal Reports, ActiveReports etc.)
- Familiarity with SQL and Morningstar Direct, with hands-on experience of querying data
- Proven analytical skills involving multiple and complex data sets and use of statistical analysis
- Experience in performance measurement and attribution methodologies considered an asset
- You are legally eligible to work in Canada for any employer
Application closing date is January 24, 2020.
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Portfolio & Performance Analyst” in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. For more information about this and other roles: www.nicolawealth.com