At Nicola Wealth, our clients deserve the best. The same goes for our people. We invest in our employees in order to support our business through a period of significant growth. As Manager of Corporate Accounting you will help our clients get the best that Nicola Wealth has to offer, and you will receive the same in return.
By bringing together smart, dedicated, high caliber colleagues from diverse backgrounds, we deliver exceptional client service in a truly dynamic work environment. The collaboration, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit we were founded on provides the opportunity for incoming employees to make a real impact. We are passionate about our business and our culture, and are looking to attract, retain and develop individuals who have that same drive.
We take pride in our work and are trusted advisors to our clients. We are looking for talented, highly motivated individuals with exceptional experience who can embody our culture and values as a creative, team-oriented and hard-working organization.
We are looking for an exceptional Accounting Manager. Do you want to play a key role in the financial operations of our firm? As Manager of Corporate Accounting you will oversee all aspects of reporting, including management reporting of financial statements and KPIs, regulatory reporting, year-end audit reporting, consolidation, cash flow and tax reporting. You will guide the Finance team in preparing all financial reports, will provide professional and insightful support to the Controller and the Management Team and will look for opportunities to improve systems and processes as we look to accommodate our ambitious growth plans. If you see yourself as part of this exciting growth opportunity and are eager to use your innovative and creative skills we want to talk to you about joining our team. This role is in Vancouver.
As Manager, Corporate Accounting, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Reviewing monthly financial statements (comparative income statements/balance sheet/statement of cash flows) for Management
- Reviewing other monthly reports including: variance analyses, KPIs, and advisor payout summaries
- Preparing or reviewing monthly consolidations and cash projections
- Preparing or reviewing regulatory quarterly Excess Working Capital filings for submission to the BCSC
- Reviewing and submitting relevant Tax Remittances
- Providing back up relief for payroll
- Annually assisting with Budget Preparation and T4A prep
- Working with members of the year-end audit team to facilitate accurate and timely audited Financial Statements
- Assisting or leading special projects and additional accounting support as needed
- Staying abreast of industry trends
As a Manager, Corporate Accounting your skills and qualifications will include:
- CPA Designation, with audit experience preferred
- Experience in managing a financial reporting team
- Full-Cycle Financial Statement preparation experience
- Experience in consolidations and complex cash flow forecasting
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting
- Experience working in a EMD, PM and/or an IFM would be an asset
- Familiarity with SAGE 300 accounting software would be an asset
- You are well spoken with excellent communication and writing skills
- You have an advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- You are excellent at problem solving and have excellent organizational skills
- You have strong time management skills, particularly the ability to prioritize tasks
- You work well in a fast paced environment, able to multi-task and manage competing deadlines
- You have the ability to collaborate, as well work as independently
- You have exceptional attention to detail
- You are adaptable in a growing changing environment.
- You must be legally eligible to work in Canada for any employer
Application closing date is October 31, 2019.
Include your cover letter and resume in your application with “Manager, Corporate Accounting” in the subject line of your email to [email protected]. Thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. For more information about this and other roles: www.nicolawealth.com