At Nicola Wealth, our clients deserve the best. The same goes for our people. We invest in our employees in order to support our business through a period of significant growth. As an Asset Management Analyst you will help our clients get the best that Nicola Wealth has to offer, and you will receive the same in return.
By bringing together smart, dedicated, high caliber colleagues from diverse backgrounds, we deliver exceptional client service in a truly dynamic work environment. The collaboration, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit we were founded on provide the opportunity for incoming employees to make a real impact. We are passionate about our business and our culture, and are looking to attract, retain and develop individuals who have that same drive.
We take pride in our work and are trusted advisors to our clients. We are looking for talented, highly motivated individuals with exceptional experience who can embody our culture and values as a creative, collaborative and hard-working organization.
Team and Position Summary
Our Real Estate team is growing significantly and is seeking a high-energy individual with entrepreneurial drive to join a dynamic group of dedicated real estate professionals.
We bring a focused, disciplined, transparent, and informed perspective to the real estate holdings we purchase through Nicola Canadian Real Estate LP and Nicola US Real Estate LP portfolios. At the same time we are proactive and nimble, anticipating which properties will best serve our investors and overall portfolio mix, acting quickly and decisively to make opportunistic acquisitions.
We also oversee all properties in our portfolios, ensuring investment stability and minimizing exposure to factors such as lease, tenant and debt maturities and exposure while maximizing returns for our investors.
Nicola Wealth, Real Estate, the real estate division of Nicola Wealth, based in Vancouver, BC, is a boutique real estate asset management company that currently manages over $3 billion of commercial real estate in Canada and the United States. On behalf of private investors, a team of experienced real estate investment professionals manage a diverse and growing portfolio of industrial, office, and retail, multifamily and self-storage properties.
Reporting to the Director of Asset Management, Real Estate, the Asset Management Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Asset Management Team.
As an Asset Management Analyst, your key accountabilities will involve:
- Administering property valuations including managing the delivery of information to third party appraisers, undertaking detailed review of appraisals and updating internal valuation models
- Managing the administration of mortgages including abstracting loan agreements, tracking lender undertakings and holdbacks, managing financial reporting to lenders and assisting with loan closings
- Administering leasing software supporting the leasing program for all assets, including the introduction of the system to new brokers
- Managing the timely delivery of insurance appraisals for the Canadian and US property portfolios and providing analytical and general support for the property insurance program
- Undertaking detailed financial analyses for existing property investments including net effective rent calculations, analysis supporting repositioning strategies and hold-sell analysis
- Abstracting leases and providing lease administration support
- Managing IPD reporting including collection of property statistics and entry into Yardi
- Undertaking research for specific property types and markets as well as trends in commercial real estate
- Undertaking property site inspections and reviews as required
- Staying abreast of industry trends
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- 2-4 years of real estate experience in asset management, appraisal, brokerage or related sectors
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in finance, real estate or a related discipline is required
- Well-developed quantitative and analytical skills: Experienced with financial modeling and discounted cash flow analysis
- Sound understanding of real estate valuation methods
- Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of MS Excel and knowledge of ARGUS required. Experience with YARDI is an asset
- Must be available to travel (up to 15%)
- A valid BC driver’s license is required
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada for any employer
- Essential to be fluent in English both written and spoken
- Collaborative and team focused. A proven self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as part of a dynamic team
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Well-developed organizational, time management and communication skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and proven ability to multi-task, think logically and problem solve effectively
- Self-motivated with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Professional demeanor
Application closing date is September 20, 2019.
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Asset Management Analyst” in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. For more information about this and other roles: www.nicolawealth.com