CFOs of North Shore Credit Union, Best Buy Canada Ltd. and KGHM International Ltd. are among the winners of this year’s BC CFO of the Year Awards.
The awards, developed by Business in Vancouver in partnership with the Institute of Chartered Accountants, honour CFOs who have demonstrated strong leadership in finance as well as contributed to an organization’s strategic decision making and overall growth.
This year’s winners are:
- in the large public company category, Don MacDonald of KGHM International Ltd., which was formerly Quadra FNX Mining Ltd.;
- in the large publicly accountable company category, William Keen of North Shore Credit Union;
- in the large private company category, Annalisa King of Best Buy Canada Ltd.;
- in the not-for-profit company category, Tarunjeet Bhatia of the Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC;
- in the small private company category, Michael Taylor of Nicola Wealth Management Ltd.
Three winners were also named in the transformation agent category, which recognizes strategic excellence, leadership and exceptional growth at non-profits, Crown corporations, small private companies and emerging industry leaders:
- John Currie of Lululemon Athletica Inc. (TSX:LLL);
- Nancy McKenzie of Seaspan Marine Corp.; and
- Geri Prior of Insurance Corporation of BC.
See BIV’s May 1 issue for profiles of the winners.
Tickets are available for a celebration awards dinner May 15 at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel. Visit www.biv.com/cfoawards for more information.