For individuals with an entrepreneurial bent, the financial services industry offers the freedom and flexibility to build your own business and the opportunity to help people reach their financial goals. Our annual Company Career Guide is designed to assist new advisors coming into the business as well as experienced advisors who may be looking for a change.
The following information is relevant to Nicola Wealth Management only. Click here to view the complete guide online in PDF format.
1. PRODUCT LINES & SERVICES
- Full Financial Planning including retirement income, tax efficiency, compensation analysis, trust and corporate structuring, and will and estate planning
- Investment Products including proprietary pooled funds, real estate, private equity, limited partnerships, mutual funds and GICs
- Insurance solutions including comprehensive insurance vehicles plus insured annuity strategies
2. NUMBER OF ADVISORS
- 19 advisors
3. TYPES OF ADVISOR AFFILIATIONS
- Exclusively contracted advisors as members of the NWM team
4. KEY TRAITS OF NEW RECRUITS
- Service oriented
- Strong communication and relationship skills
- Belief in teamwork
- Financial industry qualifications and designations
- Strong ethical belief in doing right by the client
- Goal oriented
- Belief in continuing education
5. HOW ADVISORS GET PAID
- NWM offers clients fee-based compensation, but individual advisors are compensated by splitting the revenue generated by clients between themselves and any fellow advisors with whom they work closely on the file.
- Company benefits include dental, medical, pharmaceutical, and insurance coverage; this extends to family.
6. TRAINING PROGRAMS
- NWM believes in a mentorship training program. New associates work on client files alongside senior advisors in the firm in a mentorship capacity, gradually taking on a lead role to work with more complex clients.
7. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT
- We encourage our advisors to enroll in any designation CE or PD courses.
- Any post-secondary education courses that an advisor feels builds their skillset is financially supported by the company
8. OTHER SPECIAL PROGRAMS / SERVICES
- We offer our advisors third-party business coaching, in addition to mentoring by senior advisors.
- NWM’s advisor team meets weekly to discuss technical planning issues as well as receive economic and market updates from our in-house portfolio management team.
- Our advisors participate in an annual “Off-Site Team Retreat” to discuss the firm’s goals and ways to improve individual advisor business.
9. COMPLIANCE SUPPORT
- NWM’s Chief Compliance Officer and compliance staff assist and advise our planners on many facets of their business.
10. CORPORATE CULTURE / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Our corporate culture is fast-paced, innovative, and built on a team approach. Advisors work together to deliver a high standard of service and utilize the firm’s resources to grow their business and provide clients with a high level of sophisticated financial advice. The ability to telecommute, work part-time or have flex work hours is at each advisor’s discretion.
11. ASSISTANCE IN BUILDING BOOKS OF BUSINESS
- NWM is proud of its team approach – each of our advisors benefit as the firm’s book of business grows. The majority of our new business comes via referral and we provide full marketing support to help advisors bring in new clients and grow those referrals.
12. ASSISTANCE IN SUCCESSION PLANNING
- Each NWM client is served by two advisors. Not only does this create built-in succession, it also provides assistance and alternate coverage during any time away.