Advisory Services Internship ProgramApply Now
Accelerate Your Growth
At Nicola Wealth we value our people. Individual growth and development within this program are top priorities for us. As a member of the Internship Program, you will be a part of our Wealth Planning Associates (WPA) team, learning from our Wealth Advisors.
The WPA team is a diverse group of high-achieving individuals who have a mutual goal of supporting each other through challenges to achieve both individual and team success.
As a team, we embrace the core values of Nicola Wealth in conjunction with the WPA team goals and values listed below.
Your Path to Success
Building a foundationThe first step to your program will be building the foundation with a comprehensive introduction to Nicola Wealth and our processes.
Learning the fundamentals of the WPA roleThe second step is to understand the fundaments of a career as a Wealth Planning Associate, including an introduction to the tools used in the planning and management process. You will also gain a solid understanding of tax planning and how to successfully integrate a tax strategy into the financial plan in order to preserve and grow wealth.
Integrating knowledge and skillsAfter completing your program, you will be matched with an Advisory Team and an assigned Wealth Planning Associate mentor to facilitate your transition to a career as a Wealth Planning Associate at Nicola Wealth.
Training and Development – continuous learning and growth for both technical and human skills
Boosting Work Performance – technological improvements, ideas and improving workflow and processes
Strengthening Relationships – between other teams in the firm and advisors
Supporting Each Other – peer to peer mentorship
1. The Success of our Clients
2. Mutual Respect and Collaborative Relationships
3. Hard Work, Innovative Problem Solving, and Continuous Self-Improvement
4. Initiative and Leadership
- Strong attention to detail
- Consistency in output
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong communication (verbal, written)
- Solutions based mindset
- Positive, “can do” attitude
- Curious and inquisitive
- Asks great questions
- Receptive to feedback with openness to change
- Self-starter; resourceful
- Team player
- Ability to build rapport with our Advisory Team
Your Career at Nicola Wealth
- Understand the business and learn from the ground up
- Meet leaders from other Nicola Wealth departments to gain exposure on how different functions of the business work together in supporting our clients
- Intentional learning objective goals that are meaningful and structured to reﬂect the experience of the Wealth Planning Associate (WPA) role
- Participation in ad hoc Advisory Services projects, committee work, Wealth Planning Associates Committee (WPAC) initiatives
- Develop industry knowledge and enhance soft skills
- Direct mentorship from members of Advisory Services
- Support career, professional and personal development
“Continuous growth, mentorship, and loyalty are values dear to my heart. Nicola Wealth’s culture cultivates growth organically while building internal mentorship dynamics. When it comes to loyalty, our client referral attributed growth, as well as the tenure of our advisory team, speaks for itself.”
– Rana Ozturk, Wealth Planning Associate Intern
“I truly believe Nicola Wealth’s approach to financial planning and wealth management is unmatched, and that our objectives are perfectly and mutually aligned with those of our clients.”
– Mitchell Robinson, Wealth Planning Associate Intern
“I was drawn to Nicola Wealth because of the outstanding reputation and continuous growth of the firm. More specifically, the corporate culture within the firm and how amazing of a team Nicola has.”
– Makayla Hawthorne, Wealth Planning Associate Intern
Insights from the Wealth Planning Associates
Start Your Journey With Nicola Wealth
Take the first step on your path to success with the Advisory Services Internship Program at Nicola Wealth, and be a part of a culture of innovation and success.