At Nicola Wealth, our clients deserve the best. The same goes for our people. We invest in our employees in order to support our business through a period of significant growth. As a Junior Fund Accountant, Real Estate you will help our clients get the best that Nicola Wealth has to offer, and you will receive the same in return.
By bringing together smart, dedicated, high caliber colleagues from diverse backgrounds, we deliver extraordinary client service in a truly dynamic work environment. The collaboration, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit we were founded on provides the opportunity for incoming employees to make a real impact. We are passionate about our business and our culture, and are looking to attract, retain and develop individuals who have that same drive.
We are looking for talented, highly motivated individuals with exceptional experience who can embody our culture and values as a creative, collaborative and hard-working organization.
Are you currently working towards your CPA designation, passionate about Real Estate and want to be a Junior Fund Accountant? This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team within the firm. The Junior Fund Accountant, Real Estate will be responsible for working on a specific Real Estate portfolio, assisting with financial reporting, both internal and external, and assisting with audit, tax filings, and other projects as required. This role is located in Vancouver.
As a Junior Fund Accountant, Real Estate, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Preparing and Posting Fund level Journals
- Accounts Payable ( processing Invoices, payments and setting up new vendors)
- Assisting with Monthly Financial reporting for the Fund and related entities
- Bank Reconciliations
- Handling Investor Contributions, Distributions and Redemptions
- Accounts Receivable (processing receipts from investments)
- You will assist with calculating monthly NAVs
- You will assist with Investor Reporting
- You will assist with the Annual Audit process
- Providing assistance to the Senior Fund Accountants as required
- Actively engaging in ongoing learning and development to continuously improve skills and knowledge
- Stay abreast of industry trends.
As a Junior Fund Accountant, Real Estate, your skills and qualifications will include:
- A minimum of 2 years of related work experience preferably in a financial planning firm with exposure to Fund Accounting
- You are working towards your CPA designation with combination of education and experience
- You are eager to learn about Real Estate, Investment Management and Fund Accounting
- You have a strong attention to detail, with a willingness to take on different tasks, including posting journals, payables, audit process, and monthly NAVs
- You are tech savvy and eager to learn about how Yardi’s suite of products can help a Real Estate company improve Financial and Property Reporting
- You have well-developed analytical skills and high Excel competency
- Essential to be fluent in English (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task and manage competing deadlines
- Excellent problem solving, communication and organizational skills are required
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and build solid long lasting relationships
- Professional demeanor and polished business presentation
- The ability to work as part of the wider team, as well as individually
- The confidence to adapt to change
- You are legally eligible to work in Canada for any employer.
Application closing date is April 26, 2019.
Include your cover letter and resume in your application with “Junior Fund Accountant, Real Estate” in the subject line of your email to [email protected]. Thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. For more information about this and other roles: www.nicolawealth.com