At Nicola Wealth Management, our clients deserve the best. The same goes for our people. We invest in our employees in order to support our business through a period of significant growth. As a Business Support Team Lead you will help our clients get the best that Nicola Wealth Management has to offer, and you will receive the same in return.
By bringing together smart, dedicated, high caliber colleagues from diverse backgrounds, we deliver exceptional client service in a truly dynamic work environment. The collaboration, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit we were founded on provides the opportunity for incoming employees to make a real impact. We are passionate about our business and our culture, and are looking to attract, retain and develop individuals who have that same drive.
We are looking for talented, highly motivated individuals with exceptional experience who can embody our culture and values as a creative, team-oriented and hard-working organization.
We are looking for a Technology Service Team Lead to help us set up and lead a centralized technology support team. That team will support our long term growth objectives and ensure our staff have a seamless systems experience.
Do you have a proven ability to guide and support a small team and show patience to calmly lead them when faced with adversity?
Are you a hands-on leader with organized quick and outside-the-box thinking, strong communication and troubleshooting skills? Are you passionate about service and technology support in the financial services industry and dedicated to continuous learning and improvement? Then we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the Technology & Information Officer, you will manage a team of support staff responsible for providing remarkable technology service and support to our operational staff, advisors and asset managers. This role is located in Vancouver.
As the Business Support Team Lead your responsibilities will include:
- Exceed our staff’s expectations by resolving support tickets in a timely manner
- Identify trends as well as areas for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Identify training gaps and work with the business to develop training programs and materials to address those gaps
- Work with the technology team to improve the set up and implementation of new infrastructure, systems and tools
- Obtain specific knowledge of the business and how IT relates to their strategy and goals
- Conduct performance evaluations and mentor those with less experience
- Develop training programs to develop and refine the skills of the technology support team
- Complete other duties as assigned
As the Business Support Team Lead your skills and qualifications include:
- You have proven leadership skills to build a high performing team to achieve targets and objectives
- You have a client service oriented mindset
- You excel at explaining technical concepts to a variety of people with different learning and communication styles
- You have superb interpersonal and communication skills
- You have the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders, management team members, and all colleagues within the Technology Team
- Your innate desire to share expertise and mentor others would be an asset
- You responds well (under stress) to shifting priorities, lead and implement changes
- You have the ability to solve complex problems
- Analyzes information from varying perspectives, establishes the pivotal element of an issue, and reaches a logical conclusion through the process
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience with helpdesk or desktop support in a Microsoft environment
- Experience with software development and/or application support
- Experience with SQL and financial reports would be a definite asset
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Experience working on enterprise application using Microsoft technologies including SharePoint, CRM, SQL Analytics and reporting would be an asset
- Previous experience working in a financial services or wealth management firm would be a definite asset
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada for any employer
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in IT
- 5+ years in the IT industry
- 3+ years of experience with service desk software and processes such as JIRA
- 3+ years experience working on IT projects
- 3+ years working in large enterprise
- 2+ years working with the Microsoft O365 suite of tools
- Experience with projects involving multi-disciplinary teams operating in a fast-paced environment
Application closing date is April 30, 2019.
Include your cover letter and resume in your application with “Business Support Team Lead” in the subject line of your email to [email protected]. Thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. For more information about this and other roles: www.nicolawealth.com