At Nicola Wealth, our clients deserve the best. The same goes for our people. We invest in our employees in order to support our business through a period of significant growth. As a Financial Planning Associate you will help our clients get the best that Nicola Wealth has to offer, and you will receive the same in return.
By bringing together smart, dedicated, high caliber colleagues from diverse backgrounds, we deliver exceptional client service in a truly dynamic work environment. The collaboration, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit we were founded on provide the opportunity for incoming employees to make a real impact. We are passionate about our business and our culture, and are looking to attract, retain and develop individuals who have that same drive.
We take pride in our work and are trusted advisors to our clients. We are looking for talented, highly motivated individuals with exceptional experience who can embody our culture and values as a creative, collaborative and hard-working organization.
Do you have a passion for financial planning? This is an exciting opportunity to join a team responsible for providing extraordinary service to our high-net worth clients. This is an intermediate, financial planning support position that works in collaboration with Advisor(s) to provide our clients with holistic financial planning and investment management advice. This role is located in Vancouver.
As a Financial Planning Associate within the Advisory Services Team, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Supporting Advisor(s) to provide first-class financial planning and strategic wealth management services to our clients.
- Managing client reviews, scheduling meetings and preparing client meeting materials.
- Preparing investment portfolio reviews, and researching tax and financial planning issues.
- Performing insurance needs analysis.
- Managing day-to-day client requests and partnering with various internal Nicola Wealth teams to execute, as applicable.
- Delivering a high level of end-to-end personalized client service with rapid resolution of queries.
- Actively engaging in ongoing learning and development to continuously improve skills and knowledge.
As a Financial Planning Associate within the Advisory Services Team, your skills and qualifications will include:
- You have a minimum of three years related work experience, preferably in a financial planning firm with exposure to both insurance and investment planning.
- Completion of FPSC Level 1 Certificate in Financial Planning, CFP or in the process of obtaining.
- Completion of an investment focused designation or in the process of obtaining (CIM, CFA Level 1).
- Completion of the Life License Qualification Program (LLQP) or in the process of obtaining.
- Your written and verbal communication skills are excellent.
- You are highly organized with ability to prioritize in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- You are comfortable working with numbers with an analytical mindset.
- You have exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills to build trust with clients and colleagues.
- You have the ability to work as part of the wider team, as well as individually.
- You have the confidence to adapt to change.
Application closing date is April 20th, 2019.
Include your cover letter and resume in your application with “Financial Planning Associate” in the subject line of your email to [email protected]. Thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. For more information about this and other roles: www.nicolawealth.com